Super Simple Biscuit Recipe
Who doesn't love a homemade biscuit? Fun and easy to make as well as tasting great.
Try this simple recipe for Homemade Biscuits.
You will need:
- 400g Plain Flour * Top Tip- Sifting the flour with give a smoother airier dough
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter, (unsalted and softened)
- 1 Medium Egg.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar. Use an electric whisk and mix until they form a creamy smooth texture, careful not to overwork the mix or it will cause the biscuits to spread
- Beat in the egg until it is well combined, then add the flour and mix slowly until a dough forms. Create a ball with the dough, then wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for at least 1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and gently knead briefly. Then roll the dough out to about 3mm thick.
- Now cut your dough shape, you can use cookie cutters, your hands. Be inventive! Once you have your shapes, transfer on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15mins, until they are golden brown at edges. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.